Campsite in Baden in Brittany
Baden, your holiday in the heart of the Gulf of Morbihan
Nestled between the Gulf of Morbihan and the river of Auray, Baden and its islands boast stunning coastal and country scenery which are best admired along the coastal paths and country lanes. The ideal destination for your camping holiday on the coast !
A concentration of southern Brittany in one of the most beautiful bays in the world
Meander around the village of Baden and discover the succession of typical Breton houses. Then set off for Port Blanc, a small harbour where you can set sail to the islands around the Gulf of Morbihan. As for leisure activities, a variety of watersports can be enjoyed such as sailing, sea kayaking and windsurfing. Or you can enjoy a walk along the seafront or play a round of golf at Baden’s 18-hole golf course. As for heritage, there are a number of megalithic sites, châteaux, manor houses, churches and mills (15th to 18th centuries), a testimony to Baden’s rich history.
Baden, Sept-îles and Ile aux Moines
A few nautical miles from Port Blanc, Baden’s harbour, discover the Sept-Iles (seven islands), an isthmus popular with shellfish gatherers and walkers. When the tide is not too high, you can reach the island on foot and discover the incredibly wild beach where the water is much warmer than the ocean ! Port Blanc is also where you will find the ferry port for trips to Ile aux Moines, the « pearl in the Gulf of Morbihan », a 5 minute crossing. You can also take a tour of the islands around the Gulf of Morbihan and stop off at Ile d’Arz, a mecca for sailing… Fabulous seascapes that will take your breath away !
- Campsite on Mané Guernehué
- Saint Pierre church and its bell tower which stands 35 metres tall.
- Saint-Mériadec chapel (18th century) and its "treasures" displayed behind a reinforced window display.
- The dolmen of Toulvern, a double chamber dolmen in the shape of a Y dated 4000 BC.
- The Mill of Pomper transformed into a bric-a-brac shop (furniture, ornaments, decorative objects, paintings, sculptures...).
- Musée des passions et des ailes devoted to old toys, clockwork toys, model boats and accordions.
- Semaine du Golfe, an international maritime event which takes place every two years and unites over a thousand boats throughout the Ascension week.